I was tagged a few times in the “six pictures I love” thing, but in light of my recent performance at USAPL Raw Nationals (full meet write-up coming soon) I decided to pick ones featuring some of the folks who have been so incredibly supportive on my journey. I know I missed a shitload of people and I’m sorry. And #sorrynotsorry six isn’t enough. In no particular order:
1. Kat, sophrosyneandlift, I love you. I can’t. You are probably my loudest and most ardent supporter, and I know we will grow together and go so far.
2. Annie, bikesbrainsbetterliving, my veg*n comrade-in-arms, and the rest of team ILPL (HI SERGIO!), you make my sessions fun and something to truly look forward to, even when my lifting isn’t going so well.
3. Neeeaaaaa. She probably won’t read this but she is a fighter and so strong, and I’m so lucky to have her in my life.
4. Dicy (dicy132)! Beautiful inside and out. Your hard work and progress is inspiring. And I didn’t get a picture, but Shelby (shelby-52kg), you were a joy to meet and I really hope to see you again in the future.
5. SARA (fulltimeillin) (and Cob, I guess, he who doesn’t even blog haha). You’re always there for me for all of the doing of things. I CAN’T. I love you.
6. TEAM ILPL: ‘NUFF SAID!! But most especially, besides those mentioned already, Jeff, Joe, Frank, and Austin. Y’all were there via the interwebs cheering me on watching the stream. I love you guys.
7. Danielle (missdeejers), you were a bulk of the inspiration that got me here in the first place several years ago. Thank you for all of your support on my meet day, and telling me to sit down and breathe!
8. And lastly, my family, who cheer me on and come watch my meets, no matter where they are, from the very beginning. And to my Gary, who puts up with all my lifting shenanigans, I love you.
If my descriptions seem short it’s because I can’t write more without uncontrollably crying. My heart is so full.